We have carried the stereotype in our subconscious mind that dogs and cats are naturally antagonistic toward each other, but do they really have to be arch enemies? In fact, our best friends can become friends with each other. Although dogs and cats are certainly different, there is plenty of evidence that they can find common ground and even become best friends.
For this reason, we’ve collected some cute photos of friendships between cats and dogs to prove that all stereotypes have exceptions and that these creatures can be the best of friends. Scroll down to see a few photos that show dogs and cats can build a lasting bond. We are sure that these photos will change your mind about cat-dog relationship and even put a smile on your face.
1. “So, we got a kitten…”
2. “Which pet cemetery did you dig this thing out of?”
3. “We found a stray cat while fishing. She and my dog fell in love immediately. I think we have to keep her.”
4. “And I was so concerned that they wouldn’t get along.”
5. “Shhh, the kitten is still sleeping!”
6. “Just be quiet.”
7. “I’m watching your back, my friend.”
8. “My cat is naughty and my dog is too nice to do anything about it.”
9. “Come on, let’s go for a ride!”
10. “Can you get this thing off me, pleeeaaase!!”
11. We all know who the boss is in this relationship.
12. “Well, apparently we’re not the same species.”
13. “I know, my cat is a jerk.”
14. “Day 12 and they still suspect nothing.”
15. “It’s right behind me, isn’t it?”
16. Besties forever
17. “Hello, strange-looking creature…”
18. “He’s a very handy dog, I can wear his ear as a hat!”
19. That’s how you win at hide and seek!
20. The perfect resting cushion
Who says dogs and cats can’t be friends? If you have both a dog and a cat at home, please tell us about your furry family in the comments and show us your pictures!